Skip to main content

God Knows You


Psalm 139:1 1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. (NIV Bible)








God knows you. Even if you don't know him, he knows everything about you. He knows how you were made, why you were made, and why you do the things you do. He created you and fashioned you in His extravagant love for His eternal purposes. If a car mechanic can recite in great detail, the purpose of every part in a re-built engine, how much more is the Creator of the heavens and the earth able to recite every characteristic of His beloved children.


He knows every bump, every bruise, and every failure. He knows every fear, every inadequacy, and every one of our dreams. He knows us through and through, yet He still loves us unconditionally. The thought of such intimacy with God causes many of us to cringe in fear. How could God know me as I really am, yet still love me? Shame caused Adam and Eve to run from the presence of their all knowing, all seeing Father. But God does not want us to run from Him, but rather run to Him.


Even when we do hide, we can't escape His loving gaze. Yes our Father knows us intimately and He loves us with an everlasting love. His love for us is higher, and deeper and wider than any other love we have ever experienced in our entire lives. The love that we are familiar with is usually conditional and based upon performance. But thanks be to God, that Father's love is not an earthly love, it is divine in nature and not based upon our own sense of personal goodness, but rather on His goodness and mercy. Yes your Father knows you, and He loves you with all His heart.


PRAYER
Father, You know everything about me. You see all my bumps and bruises, yet you love me unconditionally. I pray that I will not run and hide from you today, but rather run towards you. I thank You that Jesus paid the price for all my inadequacies, so that I might come to you with complete confidence. I thank You, that even though You know me, You still love me as your little child. Help me to walk in your extravagant, unconditional love today In the name of your beloved Son, Jesus I pray, Amen.


http://www.fathersloveletter.com/Devotionals/2_FLLdevotional.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speak the Truth Even If Your Voice Shakes

“The word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” “Alas, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD. Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.” Jeremiah 1:4-9 

Blessed are those....

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Use Me Daily Lord!

  2 Peter 1:5-8   For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. My Prayer: Gracious Lord, instill these moral principles in my heart. May these qualities be seen in me that others may know of Your wonderful character. Make me fruitful and useful for Your kingdom! For the only blessing that I seek, is to see You using me daily.