Skip to main content

Condemnation

Satan wants you to feel condemned in your life. He wants you to feel unworthy. He wants you to be overcome with feelings of guilt and despair. He wants you to give up and say, "What’s the use. I can’t do it, it’s too hard. I can’t be the kind of person I want to be. I don’t have time to do it. I can’t be someone I’m not." When we say these things, we give in to our human nature and we are held captive by Satan to do his will (2 Tim. 2:26). Satan’s will is full of excuses so we can justify our bad behavior all day long.

God wants us to overcome Satan’s sick will in our human nature (Eph. 2:3). He wants us to replace it with His Will (Matt. 6:10). He wants us to do the same Will Jesus did and overcome just as Jesus did (John 4:34; 6:38; 16:33). In fact, one of the reasons Jesus Christ came to this earth was to show us how to overcome our old fleshly wills by practicing only the Father’s Will in our daily lives (1 John 3:7, 10). We overcome Satan’s will, by performing Christ’s deeds in our lives on a daily basis (Rev. 2:26).

God’s Will is righteousness. When we practice righteousness for God daily, we are keeping His Will (Matt. 7:21). We are to practice righteousness to please God by committing all our ways - our thoughts, words and deeds - to Him (Matt. 5:16; 2 Cor. 10:5 1 Peter 4:11; Col. 3:17). As we live to please the Spirit, we will crush and suffocate the deeds of the flesh, putting them to death in our bodies (Rom. 8:13; 16:20). We will be worshiping God with a pure heart the way He wishes to be worshiped, and we will understand why Christ died - so we could live righteously (John 4:24; Heb. 13:16; 1 Peter 2:24).

Yes, Satan wants us to keep our ways condemnable so we will keep on feeling condemned (1 John 3:21). God wants us to make our ways commendable by happily performing righteousness to please Him every day (Heb. 13:21; James 1:22, 25, 27). Let’s continually serve others from a pure heart, so we can have confidence before God every day and be ready to meet Him when He returns (Rom. 15:2-3; 1 Cor. 10:24; 1 Tim. 1:5; 1 John 3:18-22).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speak the Truth Even If Your Voice Shakes

“The word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” “Alas, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD. Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.” Jeremiah 1:4-9 

Blessed are those....

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Use Me Daily Lord!

  2 Peter 1:5-8   For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. My Prayer: Gracious Lord, instill these moral principles in my heart. May these qualities be seen in me that others may know of Your wonderful character. Make me fruitful and useful for Your kingdom! For the only blessing that I seek, is to see You using me daily.